The Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP) 2018-2022 is funded by the Irish Government through the
Department of Rural and Community Development and co-funded by the European Social Fund under the Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning(PEIL) 2014-2020.
The Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP) 2018 – 2022 delivers a range of actions to tackle poverty and social exclusion through local engagement and partnerships between disadvantaged individuals, community organisations and public sector agencies. West Cork Development Partnership delivers these services in the Bandon Kinsale and West Cork Electoral Districts.
SICAP is funded by the Irish Government through the Department of Rural and Community Development and co-funded by the European Social Fund under the Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning (PEIL) 2014-2020.
SICAP addresses high and persistent levels of deprivation through targeted and innovative, locally-led approaches. It targets and supports those who are disadvantaged in Irish society and less likely to use mainstream services and assists both individuals and groups.
West Cork Development Partnership delivers actions under the programme through working with individuals, adults and young people and with local community groups throughout the area.
Download the SICAP guidelines
Services can be delivered from our office bases in Clonakilty and Bantry or on an outreach basis at a location convenient to the client.
- Self-Employment and Enterprise development
- Career Decision Making and Jobseeking supports
- Education, training and exploration of pathways to enhance skills and qualifications
- Life planning, wellbeing and recovery
- Signposting and referrals to a host of specialist agencies
- Delivery of activities and events in designated disadvantaged areas
- Out of school activities for children
- Supporting voluntary organisations to enhance their capacity and activities.
- Working with residents in housing estates to improve environment and facilities in the area.
- Delivery of in-school supports with a particular focus on coping skills and emotional intelligence.
- Supports for low income farm families
- Projects to support people with disability towards employment and recovery
- Dedicated programme for unemployed 25’s focusing on sports, participation and life planning.
Case Studies 2020
Our team of expert development officers can assist with these activities and many more. Please contact our team for support:
Fergal Conlon: 086 856 6364 firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathryn Kingston: 087-9876390 email@example.com
Joe Cronin: 086-1717592 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jimeve O’Neill: 086-7356340 email@example.com
Donna Treya: 087-1963460 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Gaffney: 087-1630780 email@example.com