Better Energy Warmer Homes Scheme



To qualify for this scheme you must:

  • Own and live in your own home
  • Your home must be built before 2006

Be in receipt of one of the following:

  1. Fuel Allowance as part of the National Fuel Scheme, or
  2. Job Seekers Allowance for over six months and have a child under seven years of age, or
  3. Family Income Supplement/Working Family Payment
  4. One parent family payment
  5. Domiciliary Care allowance

To apply for this scheme you will need:

  • The application form below completed in full
  • The application form signed by you
  • The application form signed and stamped by an official of the Department of Employment Affairs & Social Protection

Proof of ownership of your home

Please provide a copy of one of the following documents. Your name and address must be clearly indicated on the document:

  • Your home insurance policy (not a quote)
  • Your mortgage statement
  • The title deeds to your property
  • Your Local Property Tax notification letter, supported by a utility bill.